Wednesday, August 24, 2011

...and we WAIT.

AGCI just made several referrals for infant girls, age 3 months-11 months.

I too am hoping our AWAA girl line will start moving along again soon - but we know that AWAA is a competent, ethical agency, and they are making sure to do their research beforehand so as only to refer out children who truly are adoption ready.

I know it's probably easier for me to say because we are at the very beginning of "the wait" ...but I hold fast to the knowledge that God has JUST THE RIGHT little girl in mind for each of the waiting families, and she will come into each of our lives in God's perfect timing.

We're hunkering down for a long wait. Ben (the hubby) and I were talking about the advantages of a longer wait yesterday evening, and for fun I thought I would share our little list:
-more time to raise funds
-more time to prepare our heart and home
-more time to pray for birth Mom
-more time to talk to other families and encourage them to pursue adoption (cuz remember, there ARE 5 million orphans in ET!)
-more time to practice doing corn rows on my friends' little girls' hair... I'll be GOOD at it by the time we bring our daughter home
-more time to learn how to cook injera and tibs
-more time to get healthier and into better shape so we will have the energy to run after our sweet girl!
-more time to paint adoption art for our home and the homes of other families
-more time to build that tree fort for our oldest son
-more time to pursue formula manufacturers and shoe retailers and other companies asking for donations for the orphanages (our dentist is going to supply us with a big box of tooth brushes and toothpaste!)

I know we are all hoping that the "more time" will turn into "less time" ... our arms and hearts all yearn to hold our sweet girls...but let's try to be positive.

What are YOU thankful about having 'more time' for while you wait?


~Dear Lord, please protect the joy in my heart, and grow us closer to you while we wait for our little girl. Please show us how to pray for her, and how to prepare our hearts and our home. Show us how to love and encourage others while they wait, too.

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love this post! We are just beginning the wait over at AGCI. I absolutely love your art, now I need to decide which one to buy! Will be praying for you in your wait for your daughter too. We are waiting for a 0-12 month girl from Eth*opia! I'm grateful for this wait too, because it's time to research/read up on her country and how to parent an adopted child from these circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I love this post. After several delays with Korea, we are settling in for a much longer wait time than originally anticipated. I started a link up for families in the waiting like us if you want to participate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments, Megan and Mattie.

    Megan, have you read "The Connected Child" by Kathryn Purvis? It is hands down the best book about adoption I've read. There are several other good ones out there, too... as well as many not-so-worth-reading ones. I should post a book review about adoption books sometime...

    Mattie, I would be happy to participate in your link-up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited for you! Can't wait to follow along in your journey to your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're with AGCI and we actually only had 2 infant girl referrals in August that I know of... and none since then.

    Hoping things start to speed up a bit with the courts opening back up...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the correction, Liv. :o)

    ReplyDelete