Thursday, August 15, 2013

24 months since DTE... goodness, it's been 2 years!!!

August 12, 2013 marks 24 months since our dossier went to Ethiopia! Can you imagine?! That's 2 whole years of waiting!


I really wish we had some news - but at this point we are still 'just' waiting. Things are moving forward, slowly, at all stages: families are receiving referrals here and there, many families are going to their court appointments in Ethiopia, and the Embassy is clearing families for travel, so children are coming home.

We have no idea how much longer it will be for us. There are still quite a few families ahead of us, and with the rainy season's court closures in Ethiopia everything slows down a little more until October.

A lot of our paperwork expires soon, so we will have to go on another document hunt in a few months... which means a lot of work and a bit of extra expense. We know it is worth it, and will do it cheerfully.

This wait is so very long, but we are hanging in there. Life is good, and we experience God's blessings every day. I love seeing pictures of children who have been united with their families and are coming home - and I hold onto God's promise of a daughter. The knowledge that God has a good plan for our family gives me strength to continue waiting for as long as it takes!


1 comment:

  1. I just came across your blog by accident, but I am moved by your postings. My wife and I are also in the waiting stage to adopt--also from Ethiopia, so I know first-hand how hard this long wait can be (not to mention the added difficulty of renewing the paperwork which adds to the already very expensive endeavor). We are only 18-months from DTE, which is less than you've been waiting, but is already agonizingly long. I will bookmark your blog and return regularly. I can't wait to hear how your story will unfold, and I know God has a wonderful little girl all lined up for you. In His timing. Until then, stay strong. Keep the faith. Know that you are not alone in this. Although I eagerly await our turn for placement, I rejoice each month for the children who have been placed with other waiting families. God bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete