Wednesday, July 20, 2011

USCIS Finger Printing = done

Today Ben and I had to go to the USCIS processing center in Portland, OR for our biometrics appointment (aka = to be fingerprinted).

Is it strange that I was so excited about it last night that I had a hard time falling asleep?

Thankfully the USCIS actually took notice of my coverletter for my 600-A in which I asked that we could go to Portland, OR (which is right across the river from us) rather than having to drive 3.5 hours to Yakima (which is where the WA State processing center is).

Except for having to brave downtown Portland traffic (including construction, detours and lots of one-way streets) the whole thing took about 20 minutes and was very undramatic.

I didn't even get to take a picture of our inked fingers because they do an ink-less scan now - we just had to hold each finger onto a scanning device with the help of a USCIS person.


Now we wait with baited breath for the I-171H to show up in our mailbox. Yay! Another step closer to our baby girl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment